Williamsport Parks

The following two postcards showing rides at Memorial Park circa 1900-1920

Postcards were donated by Sue Nichols from her collection.

Visit her web page at www.FiveCentRide.com


Memorial Park Circa 1900 to 1920


Memorial Park Circa 1900 to 1920


Vallamont Park pavillion

Vallamont Park Pavilion Post Card


Mountain Beach

A fair size crowd cooled off here on a hot July 6, 1931, when this photo was taken at the park south east of the intersection of Route 15 and Market St. in South Williamsport. It is now the site of apartments.


Max M. Brown Memorial Park

This 1924 photo shows the beach area in the park, now known as Memorial Park. The foot bridge at left spans Lycoming Creek south of Original Little League Field, which is on the South side of W. Fourth Street, near Beeber Street.


Memorial Park 1938

Memorial Park 1938


Memorial Park 1929

Memorial Park 1929


Steamboat ready for departure to Sylvan Dell Park

Steamboat ready for departure to Sylvan Dell Park


Camping at Memorial Park Tourist Camp 1934

Camping at Memorial Park Tourist Camp 1934


Sunset Park Williamsport

Sunset Park (Lycoming Creek Road)


Sunset Park Williamsport-2

Idle Breeze Park

Located north of Sunset Park on Lycoming Creek, this was a popular spot in the 1920s and early 1930s. Note the steep slide for toboggan rides into the creek.


First airplane to land in Brandon Park Williamsport

First airplane to land in Brandon Park


Fred Burns Plane in Brandon Park

Fred Burns was the pilot.  August Koon mechanic (folded wings) on back of photo.

Park Bandshell left center

© Remembering The Good Old Days 2014 - 2017  E-Mail Stories@RememberingTheGoodOldDays.com